Friday, November 14, 2008

recycle you wasteful people


So I decided to take on the task of recycling everything i can at my place of employment...
with only two blue bins and two red bins at the front of the store. I can fill 15 HUGE garbage to the top with cardboard, paper, glass, and plastic.
That is 60 massive bags each month! (and my boss did not want to start recycling outside, ONLY inside the store). WTF is that???
I got all the other boys on board that i work with and we are producing some major results here. The bad thing though is that we have to pick everything out of the garbage cans because people are idiots and pass right by the recycle bins. They either don't care or are so use to there hands throwing things into the "garbage" can that their brains can't function 'outside the box' ... So all the McDonalds bags, Tim Hortons cups and all the other junk needs to be sifted through and separated. I know the company does not care that i do this because they did not want it in the first place, but it makes me feel good that my one hand can take on the thousand of recycle in garbage cans hands. I'm not perfect, but I try to do my part. We need to change this dump of a world concrete jungle that we live in! Oh, and honestly 95% of everything that is thrown in the garbage at my work is recycle. So basically we rarely ever change the garbages anymore.

So please everyone, recycle!

Ya for the 'recycle crusaders' (ya, that's the lame name we came up with)

No comments: